At GermanSupply.com, we believe that a good relationship begins with good communication. And we believe that our customers deserve the best relationship we can provide. That's why we've adopted a privacy and security policy to assure you that any information you provide us (such as your name, your email or home address, or the nicknames of your old Bug) will be kept in the strictest of confidences. And even though most of our policies might seem self-evident, we believe that stating them here is good communication. And that means we will have a good relationship. Thanks for reading.
Our Privacy Promise
We respect your privacy! To protect it we make this Privacy Promise: any and all information collected on this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed, or loaned! Any information you give to us will be held with the utmost care and will not be used in ways that you have not consented to. If you have any questions, please let us know. To make our Privacy and Security promises easy to find, they are always available on every page of our website.
Information That We Collect
Our Privacy Promise applies to any information we collect from you during your visit to www.germansupply.com. There are lots of places throughout the site where you can submit information. You can register a shopping account, you can order products, ask questions, and sign up for our newsletter. At any of those points where information is collected, you may be asked:
There are also places in our website where you can submit information about someone else. If you purchase a gift certificate, for instance, we will ask for information (like Name and address) about the recipient.
- Shipping address
- E-mail address
- Survey questions
- Phone number
How We Use That Information
We use the information you give us when you place an order so that we can complete that order. GermanSupply.com will not share that information with third parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order. The only other way we will use the information you give us is to communicate with you, mostly by e-mail. We will be in close contact with you until your order is delivered to your door. And we may use your e-mail address to communicate with you outside of any order you have placed, for instance, our newsletter is available by free subscription at GermanSupply.com.
- We will use information that you submit about another person only to ship products and to confirm delivery with that person.
- We will use return e-mail addresses to answer e-mails we receive. We will also use your e-mail address to let you know the status of your order and tracking information during shipping.
- You should register a shopping account at our website if you would like to purchase any products. Registration is free. No registration or membership fees or dues are applicable. Your shopping account will be used by us to ship products to your address, and communicate with you about your orders.
- We might use non-personal, unidentifiable and aggregate information from our customer database to improve our website and our service. For example, we might tell a new supplier that X number of people visited a specific department of our online store, but we would not reveal any information that could personally identify those folks.
- Information we collect will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed, or loaned!
- We hope this never happens, but if a criminal investigation requires us to share personal information from our database with law enforcement agencies because of suspected illegal activity, we will comply with federal law.
Our Security Promise
For your security, we will not collect or maintain any financial information from you while you shop in the store. We will ask for information about who you are and where you live, but only to make sure that your supplies reach your door promptly and in good order. All your payment information, such as credit card details, will be processed by InternetSecure.
"Cookies" On Our Website
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that our website stores on your computer when you register an account and login to it. The cookies tell our website who you are, what you have in your shopping basket, and what's on your wish list. We use them to provide you with a more individualized service and an easier shopping experience.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Information
Your information is important to us. So we want to make sure that everything is accurate. Once you have registered a shopping account, you can modify it, delete it, track your current orders and even check your old ones - every order you've ever placed!
How to Contact Us
If you have questions or comments about our Privacy & Security Promises, please let us know.